Castleview Lawn Tennis Club - Coaching Program
Coaching at Castleview Lawn Tennis Club
Coaching at Castleview LTC is open to all members. All group coaching is managed through the club. Individual coaching is arranged between “You” and the coach.
It is the Club’s goal to offer as much group coaching as the members demand. Coaching demand will be monitored closely and where the Committee observes increasing demand this will be filled with the necessary group coaching slots.
Junior Group Coaching
- Junior Group Coaching takes place every Tuesday afternoon. First groups run from 15.45 to 16.45 for younger players and the second group from 16.45 to 17.45 for older players.
- 7 x week course costs just €40
- Contact Club Mobile 089-4390673 to book a place.
Adult Group Coaching
- Tuesday evening – Beginners / Improvers – 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Contact Club Mobile 089-4390673 to book a place.
- Wednesday evening – Improvers / Advanced – 7.30pm to 8.30pm – Contact Club Mobile 089-4390673 to book a place
William Guiry, Mobile 086-8524074. email:email@example.com
- Coaching Level: Advanced level (Level II)
- Member of TCI 2019
- Fully licensed Tennis Ireland Coach, Garda vetted, fully insured for 2019.
- Racket re-stringing service available.
William has been coaching since 1992. Up to 2001 he was a part-time coach and decided in 2001 to become full-time when he was appointed as a club coach in St. Anne’s Waterford Tennis Club. Willie was awarded T.I.C.A. Advanced Coach of the Year in 2006. He has been a regional coach, coaching age groups from u/8 up to u/18 for the past ten years.
Julieann Foley, Mobile 083-8167668. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaching Level: Level 1
- Fully licensed Tennis Ireland Coach,
- Garda vetted
- Fully insured for 2019
What is the Tennis Ireland Coaching License Criteria for 2019?
In order for a tennis coach to be eligible for licensing in 2019, the coach must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Amass a minimum of 100 points under the regulations of the TCI Continuous Professional Development Programme for 2018.
2. Hold a Child Protection Certificate that is not older than 5 years (i.e. certificates held before 2014 are no longer valid).
3. Be able to provide evidence of having been vetted within the previous 3 years.